Part Time Bike Mechanic
This position is 10-12 hours/week and is seasonal, running approximately from May through October.
Shop Mechanic works closely with the Director and Shop Manager to assess, repair and clean customer bikes as well as existing stock
Shop Mechanic Responsibilities:
● Share Bike Repair workload
● Cleaning of bikes and bike parts
● Scavenging of bike parts from existing stock
● Repairing inventory of used bikes to prepare for sale
● Assessing customer bikes
Shop Mechanic Accountabilities
● Maintain work orders for each bike
● Maintain a shared work station
● Keep parts inventory organized
● Customer service as needed
Shop Mechanic Competencies:
● Bike repair and general mechanical skills
● Broad knowledge of bikes and bike parts
● Expertise in assessing bikes (in terms of functionality and quality)
● Ability to maintain an organized work space and parts inventory
● Experience with Community organizations
● Ability to communicate clearly with customers
3-5 years’ experience working in a bike related manufacturing or bike repair shop
We start off at minimum wage for a 2 week trial period.
Starting salary is $12.00 – $15.00 per hr. depending on experience.
To Apply: click on the link below:
Position will remain open until filled.